Thursday 23 April 2009

Biodiversity in Indian homes

The spring is here and I open my windows to let in some fresh air, reminiscing of running fans at high speed and noisy coolers. A fly has finds its way through the open windows in to my flat and now I’m trying to get rid of it. But I stop and realise that had I been in India, I would have stayed comfortably seated on my sofa.

In fact, now that I think of it, I can recall seeing all sorts of non-domesticated biodiversity in Indian houses: ants, cockroaches, lizards, flies, moths, worms, spiders, rats, mice, cats, dogs, cows, frogs, snakes, monkeys, birds and even bats! Anything I missed out?

Oh and of course, the exciting food chain demonstrations, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

India is among the 17 mega-diverse countries that are custodian of 70 percent of the world’s biodiversity. It is home to the three of the 34 “global biodiversity hotspots”, biologically rich areas facing severe conservation threats.
Enjoy watchindia.tv with a special offer
http://www.watchindia.tv/landingpage/1008/diwali_ft_box_ht.aspx